Sunday, August 2, 2015

A New Start!

Hello everyone!

Welcome to my new blog!

If you've found your way here, most likely you are looking for images of my cross stitching, or maybe images of my poseable art dolls.  I hope to fill this page with both!  Maybe it will encourage me to take more progress pictures.

My goal for this blog is to be a place I can show progress pictures of my stitching and other crafts, as well as a place where I can offer some freebie patterns in the future.  Maybe I will be able to write at least once a week?  We shall see!

Today for my first post, I'm going to share a few of my finished doll creations.  If you don't know what I am talking about, I sculpt, paint and sew fantasy creatures which are fully poseable, meaning you can take pictures of them doing many things!  It is something I started doing about two years ago and I enjoy working on new critters in my spare time.

I call most of my creatures Weedlings!  They are pretty small beings, all with a deep connection to nature.  In fact, they are all part plant!


This dragon is the one who started it all!  He is based off of my favorite tree, the silver maple.


My second doll, I feel like this fellow is so majestic.  I consider him a dragon horse!


A Quetzalcoatl type Weedling, this lovely lady is one of my favorite creatures to date.  I love her ruff of petals and her silver and pink color scheme!


A sweet looking girl, this Weedling has a crocodilian head and a fluffy coat of green fur.  She has those pretty pink blooms going all the way down her back!

That's all for now!  I hope you enjoyed looking.  Next time I will get in some work in progress photos of my current stitching.

Talk to you next time!

Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment